With Spring in full swing and Summer right around the corner, it’s time to clean out your closets and the garage so we can make some extra cash! Follow the tips below and you will be able to reduce your household clutter AND add a few dollars to your bank account.
- Find a well lit area in the home to sort your potential yardsale items. You may need tables, storage bins, boxes, etc.
- Wash and clean every item you plan on selling. Nobody wants to buy your dirty items.
- Put a price tag or sticker on every item so your customers can clearly see how much it costs.
- When you price bigger items, add a few bucks to the price so that you can get your asking price when people start haggling.
- Get together with a few of your neighbors and host multiple yardsales at the same time.
- When setting up your yardsale, group like items together in a nice orderly fashion ; toys, books, sports equipment, etc.
- Give discounts when buyers purchase multiple items, and maybe even throw in a freebie for the kids
- Get the kids involved! Let them set up a snack table or sell lemonade and water.
- ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!!! Use social media, Craigslist, newspaper ads, flyers, and signs on street corners.
- Donate all of the unsold items to your favorite charity. This way you won’t bring the clutter back inside and you get a tax deduction.
Looking for more Yard Sale tips? Check out my post: 5 Tips For Buying And Selling on Facebook Yard Sale Groups